Last updated July 2015
WIDEIDE uses first and third-party cookies, and other technologies, to provide you with a better online experience and to improve our services by analysing your use of our website in order to display information related to your preferences. For example, to remember you when you come back to visit us and by making the content you see more relevant to you. Cookies also enable us to track online activity on www.wideide.com so that we can, for example, retrieve demand briefs you have previously set up.
We want to inform you clearly and precisely about the cookies we use, explaining what cookies are, what they do, their purpose, the types of cookies we use and how to configure or disable them if you wish to.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files placed on your browser by the website or app you are using. The browser saves the information and sends it back to the website server whenever the browser returns to the website.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
What does a cookie do?
Cookies allow a website to, among other things, store and retrieve information about your browsing and, depending on the information they contain, store your user preferences for that site.
What types of cookies are used in this website?
Depending on the entity managing the cookies:
- First party cookies: are the ones set by us when you visit our website.
- Third party cookies: are the ones set by another site, typically for analytics or advertising purposes. An example of third-party cookies are the ones used by Google Analytics, a third party advertising on www.wideide.com or a stock library you have visited whilst using www.wideide.com.
How long will they remain active?
- Session Cookies: These are designed to collect and store data while you access our website. They are temporary cookies that only remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website, and are not recorded on the hard drive of your computer.
- Persistent Cookies: These are stored in the computer and can be accessed and processed for an extended period of time, defined by the cookie’s manager. We use this cookie to facilitate purchase and registration processes.
What is their purpose?
- Technical Cookies: These are essential to the website and enable you to navigate and use its services and features. They allow the control of traffic and data communication, store login information, access some restricted areas, store items placed in your shopping cart or lightbox, enable the buying process for a subscription, the application for registration or the use of security features while browsing.
- Preferences Cookies: These allow us to personalise your experience while visiting our website by applying some browsing preferences (e.g. your language, type of browser, the regional area from which you access the website, etc.).
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies allow us to obtain information about the usage of our website in order to improve our features and services and to better understand how customers use the website.
Who uses the information obtained by cookies?
The information obtained through the use of first party cookies is processed by WIDEIDE. We cannot speak for who processes third party cookies or the use they make of them.
How can you configure or disable your cookies?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options in your Internet browser. How you do this is dependent on the specific browser you use- please refer to your browser help section. If you choose to decline cookies, then some of the features, functionality and promotions available through our site may not be available to you.